Self-catering accommodation - Maitland Nature Reserve Picnics
Enjoy an afternoon out in the country where you will be surrounded
by indigenous forest and bird song. Bask in the afternoon sun on
a blanket and soft cushions with your picnic laid out before you...
napkins, cutlery, crockery, glasses and of course a gourmet delight
when it comes to the food!
See our picnic menu here.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL. Picnics offered Tuesday to Sunday from 12pm.
R195.00 per person / R390.00 per basket (excludes alcohol). Alcohol and cold drinks to be
bought from Thunzi Bush Lodge
Terms & Conditions
- Please note that your picnic will only be confirmed once
full payment has been received.
- Non-payment will result in automatic cancellation of the
- We accept all Major Credit Cards, Cash & Bank/Internet
- 100% cancellation fee unless we are able to fill the “space”.
If we do have another booking for the picnic space we will refund
the deposit made minus 15% for bank fees.
- All picnics are weather dependent and guest will have the
choice to postpone their picnic date should the weather not
permit it. Due to the fact that we outsource the catering of
the picnic baskets we do require a notice period of 24 hours
for the postponement prior to the day of the picnic. Please
make sure that we have a contact number should we have to postpone
the picnic due to bad weather.
- Guests are permitted to bring their own champagne and wine,
at a corkage fee of R30.00 (incl. VAT) per bottle. Guests are
not permitted to bring any other alcoholic or non-alcoholic
beverages onto the premises. Management will confiscate any
drinks brought onto the premises illegally.
- Thunzi Bush Lodge is a non-smoking venue… so please
do not smoke unless it is a designated area
- All damages are payable at the full replacement cost of
- Please note that day visitors to Thunzi Bush Lodge are restricted
to certain areas. Our overnight guests request their privacy
and we ask you not to wander around the chalets or use the swimming
pool. By all means should you wish to view our chalets please
do not hesitate to ask.
- Thunzi Bush Lodge accepts no responsibility for any injury,
loss or damage caused to people, due to the services, products
or equipment Thunzi Bush Lodge offers of any kind. Customers
do so at their own risk.