PLEASE NOTE THAT WE NO LONGER OFFER FULLY SERVICED PICNICS AT THUNZI BUSH LODGE. YOU CAN EITHER BOOK A PICNIC SPOT AND BRING YOUR OWN FOOD OR BOOK A FULL PICNIC AND COLLECT YOUR PRE-ARRANGED BASKET.
Picnics are only for guests staying at the lodge - due to covid
Below are your options:
We will setup a private picnic spot for you with a Japanese style table, cushions and blankets, cutlery/crockery and glasses - food excluded, you are to bring your own food.
Cost R220 per person.
Some ideas here to purchase food for your picnic - self-service no bookings taken from the below:
Elephant Walk Farm Shoppe - The Farm Shoppe stocks a wide range of preserves, jams, pickles, fresh organic produce, organic stone ground breads and free range items. Wherever possible, a lot of our produce is sourced locally. Our artisan breads are flavoursome and healthy, made daily by hand using stone ground flours. The Deli Section offers a lovely selection of cold meats, cheeses and home made savoury and sweet items. For your convenience, we stock our home made range of ready to heat and eat meals and soups.(closed Mondays)
Grass Roof - The rustic farm stall stocks wholesome farm produce – everything from craft olive oils and cheeses to fresh fruits and vegetables and free range eggs. Look for vibrantly coloured peppers grown across the street and delicious ciabatta bread baked on site.
PICNIC SETUP - BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL – PICNICS SETUPS OFFERED EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.
Book a full picnic setup with us, we will arrange your order - you collect your basket from Elephant Walk Farm Shoppe - drive to Thunzi and meet Sbongile/Rose at Reception to collect the rest of your goodies. You will then be shown to your picnic spot.
Cost R395 per person.
FULL PICNIC SETUP - BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL – FULL PICNICS ONLY OFFERED TUESDAY TO SUNDAY.
We do sell alcoholic beverages and cooldrinks/water at the lodge.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO COLLECT YOUR BASKET FROM ELEPHANT WALK FARM STALL EN-ROUTE TO THUNZI BUSH LODGE – PICNIC – R395 PER PERSON.
Picnic Basket for Two
PATE SELECT ONE
Chicken Liver & Port Pate Olive Pate SundriedTomato Pate
COLD MEAT SELECT TWO
Classic Ham Salami
CHEESES SELECT TWO
PICKLES SELECT TWO
Gherkins Olives Pickled Onions Jalepenos
SALAD SELECT ONE
Greek Salad with Balsamic Dressing Creamy Potatoe Salad
FROM THE BAKERY SELECT ONE
Mini Stone Ground Loaf of Bread Melba Toast
Rolls of the day
SOMETHING SPECIAL SELECT ONE
Spicey Chicken on a Skewer Ham & Mushroom Pinwheel
Cheese Burger Pie
SWEET TEMPTATION SELECT ONE
Chocolate Brownie Lemon Meringue
R395.00 per person (R790.00 per basket that serves 2 people) includes your food selections above as well as picnic table, blanket and cushions, napkins, cutlery, crockery.
We offer wine and alcoholic beverages as well as soft drinks and juices which are to be additionally purchased from Thunzi Bush Lodge.
- Please note that your picnic will only be confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Non-payment will result in automatic cancellation of the picnic
- We accept all Major Credit Cards, Cash & Bank/Internet Transfers.
- 100% cancellation fee unless we can fill the “space”. If we do have another booking for the
picnic space, we will refund the deposit made minus 15% for bank fees.
- All picnics are weather dependent, and guest will have the choice to postpone their picnic date should the weather not permit it. Due to the fact that we outsource the catering of the picnic baskets we do require a notice period of 24 hours for the postponement prior to the day of the picnic. Please make sure that we have a contact number should we have to postpone the picnic due to bad weather.
- Guests are permitted to bring their own champagne and wine, at a corkage fee of R50.00 (incl. VAT) per bottle. Guests are not permitted to bring any other alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onto the premises. Management will confiscate any drinks brought onto the premises illegally.
- Thunzi Bush Lodge is a non-smoking venue...so please do not smoke unless it is a designated area.
- All damages are payable at the full replacement cost of the item/s.
- Please note that day visitors to Thunzi Bush Lodge are restricted to certain areas. Our
overnight guests request their privacy and we ask you not to wander around the chalets or
use the swimming pool. Should you wish to view our chalets please do not hesitate to ask.
- Thunzi Bush Lodge accepts no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage caused to
people, due to the services, products or equipment Thunzi Bush Lodge offers of any kind. Customers do so at their own risk.
Thunzi Bush Lodge Nedbank Newton Park Current Account # 1357091753 Branch Code # 121317 (Reference: Name & Picnic Date)
© Copyright Thunzi Bush Lodge 2017 | All Rights Reserved | Website Design and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) by ZAWebs | Web Hosting by ZAWebHosts | Self-Catering Accommodation - Maitland Nature Reserve Picnics Resources